TYPES OF SOLAR BATTERY BANKS FOR SALE WITH OUR HYBRID AND OFFGRID SOLAR SYSTEMS.
Our battery banks can be composed of a single battery, or multiple interconnected batteries that are wired to work as one large battery at the required amp-hour and voltage. Normally configured to
12 or 24 Volts for boats and small solar beach systems from 600W or 3 Kw..
48V to 200V and 380V for our 4.8kwh to 196kwh Energy Storage Systems ( ESS) battery banks,
1. LITHIUM BATTERIES
The term lithium ion batteries refers to a rechargeable battery where the negative electrode (anode) and positive electrode (cathode) materials serve as a host for the lithium ion (Li+).
BUY LITHIUM ION BATTERIES FOR YOUR SOLAR PV SYSTEM
Since lithium ions are interrelated into host materials during charge or discharge, there is no free lithium metal within a lithium-ion cell. In a lithium ion cell, alternating layers of anode and cathode are separated by a porous film (separator). An electrolyte composed of an organic solvent and dissolved lithium salt provides the media for lithium ion transport. For most commercial lithium ion cells, the voltage range is approximately 3.0 V (discharged, or 0 % state-of-charge, SOC) to 4.2 V (fully charged, or 100% SOC).
LITHIUM-ION BATTERIES (LI-ION) HAVE SEVERAL ADVANTAGES OVER CONVENTIONAL LEAD-ACID BATTERIES:
- More energy with less weight; High energy density:
- A high charge currents (shortens the charge period)
- High discharge currents (enabling for example electrical cooking on a small battery bank)
- Long battery life (up to six times the battery life of a conventional battery)
- High efficiency between charging and discharging (very little energy loss due to heat development)
- Higher continuous power available.
- They can be discharged to 90% on a regular daily basis in comparison to AGM GEL acid batteries 50% DOD to preserve there life. Therefor approx half the quantity of Lithium batteries are required
- (Unlike the sealed AGM and flooded batteries. Lithium batteries can be mounted in any orientation, horizontal or vertical without fear of them leaking)
2. AGM/GEL DEEP CYCLE BATTERIES
AGM solar batteries are designed with extreme conditions in mind, so you always have maximum power with no loss in performance.
The AGM battery resists vibration and normally is certified NONSPILLABLE, so it mounts at any angle, and is permanently sealed and maintenance-free.
MAIN FEATURES OF THE AGM/GEL SOLAR BATTERIES
- Quality built battery terminals reduce corrosion and prevent acid leakage, ensuring the battery lasts longer.
- Valve regulated venting system releases gas in case of a pressure build-up, in a safe and controlled manner.
- Cell connectors join the individual battery cells together, via the plate block, creating a shorter energy path and increasing starting power.
- The extra-strong case has special oil-resistant plastic that is molded to remain stable in extreme temperatures and rugged terrain.
- Specialized grid design creates optimum conductivity and high-resistance to vibration – essential when you’re riding off-road.
- Advanced AGM separators absorbs the acid evenly in the battery, providing high cycle stability.
- MonoSun Hi temperature rated AGM/GEL battery. Good for use in temperatures up to 50 Deg C.
WHAT DOES THE ABSORBENT GLASS MAT (AGM) DO IN BATTERIES?
The special AGM soaks up all the acid in the battery, providing high cyclic stability. This enables the battery to be repeatedly charged and discharged without any loss of performance. This is why our battery functions so well as an AGM motorcycle battery, or in other powersports applications.
AGM and gel batteries are often considered to be one and the same. This is because they have a similar core of attributes. Both are non-spillable. Both offer deep cycles and they can both be mounted anywhere, so they’re flexible. But the differences between them, make them. AGM batteries offer a plethora of unique attributes that make them the clear and far away favourite.
3. FLOODED LEAD ACID DEEP CYCLE BATTERIES
For long years, the flooded lead-acid battery has been the standard in the DIY solar and wind industry. This type of battery is also used in golf carts and forklifts. They are the most cost effective and longest lasting of the lead-acid batteries when maintained properly.
Flooded Lead Acid BatteriesFlooded lead-acid batteries contain an electrolyte that is free to move around in the battery encasement. When charged, the battery acid and lead plates react to store electricity.
These batteries are meant to be mounted upright so that the electrolyte does not leak out of the caps on top and require maintenance with water approx every 3 to 6 months .
While this is the most economic battery on the market, it will only reach its potential lifespan if they are maintained properly. The levels must be checked and topped up with distilled on a regular month to 3 monthly basis with deionised water to ensure the longest possible lifespan.
Note: flooded lead-acid batteries release hydrogen gas when charging. They should not be enclosed in a confined area without adequate ventilation nor together with electrical equipment that may cause sparks
MonoSun rarely offer open Flooded lead acid type batteries unless for a special external design project requirement.
The solar battery banks and packages are one of the most complicated and costly components of any off-grid or grid tie power system. Your battery storage needs to be large enough to supply power year-round. Nothing is more frustrating than suffering a power outage because your battery pack does not store enough charge for your loads. On the other hand, too much battery capacity means your system won’t be able to fully recharge. If your battery kit is too large, your batteries can’t get the full charge, which can ruin the batteries.
KITS CONSIST OF
SEALED AGM/GEL DEEP CYCLE SOLAR BATTERIES INCLUDE.
- Battery rack when required
LITHIUM SOLAR BATTERY BANKS INCLUDE
- Interconnect battery and communication cables as well as hardware
- Battery rack when required